Case Study #9: Complete Line with Integrated VFFS packaging and bailing machines to pack pet food in 3-seal gusset-shaped bags with bellows and laminated pillow bags for market leading pet food company.
The project consists of an MFT-730 vertical packaging machine to pack pet food in a 3-seal gusset-shaped bag with bellows and laminated pillow bags in volumes of 500 gr, 2 kg and 4 kg by means of a Maxpack multihead weigher scale with 14 heads. In addition to a MFT-B1500 bailing machine to pack bags in polyethylene bags with a counting and arrangement system of bags separated into 2 rows: one for the 500 gr format and the other row for the 2 kg and 4 kg formats.
- Bag Type: Pillow and Gusset
- Material Type: Laminated
- Filling format: Multihead weigher scale with 14 heads
- Product particles: 5.5 mm and 11.5 mm
- Type of Film: Laminated for bags and polyethylene for bale.
- Coil width:The MFT-730 vertical packing machine has a coil width of 345 to 700 mm
- The line needs to fit specific space in the clients layout
- Bag Formats:
- Weight: Length (mm) x Width (mm)
- 500 g: L260 mm x W150 mm
- 2 kg: L360 mm x W180 mm
- 4 kg: L350 mm x W240 mm
Note: For each different bag width it was necessary to add a bag former.
- Average project speed:
- Average speed of 1 MFT-730 vertical packing machine for Gusset Bag with Timing Hopper:
- 500 g: 40 to 50 BPM
- 2.0 kg: 30 to 40 BPM
- 4.0 kg: 15 to 18 BPM
- Average speed of MFT-B1500 bailing machine and bale type arrangement:
- 500 g; 24 units; 2 columns of 12 units; Speed 2 BPM
- 2.0 kg; 12 units; 2 Columns of 6 units; Speed 3 BPM
- 4.0 kg; 6 units; 1 columns of 6 units; Speed 4 fardo x minuto
Note: The speed of the MFT-B1500 bailing machine is a function of the number of bags per minute delivered by the MFT-730 vertical packing machine, this speed is given according to the configuration of the line with a single vertical packing machine, the MFT wrapper -B1500 could currently receive, count and fix bags from two MFT-730 packers at a total line speed of 100 bags per minute.
The speeds should serve as a guide, the final speed will be determined by the volume, quality of material and the specific product.
- A machine from our Maxpack MFT-730 VFFS series with two additional bag formers for the 2 kg and 4 kg formats
- A machine from our Maxpack MFT-B balling series with a bag counting and arrangement system. Additional trainers for 2 kg and 4 kg arrangements, as well as the entire band system to connect the machine to the MFT-730 vertical machine
- A Maxpack Multihead weigher scale with 14 heads for product dosing
- A multihead support platform
The complete Maxpack line with Integrated VFFS packaging and bailing machines to pack pet food in 3-seal gusset-shaped bags with bellows and laminated pillow bags was implemented in the specific space of the clients layout without any problems.
A metal detector was added to the line at the end of the MFT-730 vertical packing machine. And with a vision towards the future, the conveyor belt connection was designed considering the possibility of adding a second MFT-730 vertical packing machine to increase the total line capacity.
The equipment was delivered, installed and is performing perfectly within the ranges required by the client, both in bag speed per minute and weighing accuracy range.
For more information on our line of filling, capping, and labeling, or any of our other offerings, please contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at +1 (305) 424-1661. You can also visit our online machinery catalogue by clicking here.
To check out other segments within the food industry that we can create solutions for click here.
Also, check out the new Exclusive Offers section of our website for exclusive loyalty and financing programs you may qualify for.